Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Duck!


No, not the fluffy things that love to be chased around the pond at Jebel Ali Village, and not the Little Yellow one that loves to...ahem!. I'm talking about the kind of duck you can eat. We had a bunch of people round for a buffet lunch last weekend and one of the things I did for it was Half Man Half Beer's brilliant recipe for Beijing Duck. It seems like a lot of effort, but believe me, it's worth it - especially the little pancakes.

My original plan had been to buy a couple of frozen ducks but, come the time, our local Choithram's had none, and neither did Géant. So I got a pretty pricey fresh duck and two very cheap frozen breasts from Géant. In fact the breasts were so cheap that when I went back today to get a freezer-full, there were only three left. And now there are none, hehehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment