Wednesday, January 4, 2006

Alif Baa and Al-Kitaab

The Arabist (That’s me!) has uncovered a handy little gem for all you aspiring Arabic linguists out there.

In a word – PowerPoint. Andrew Freeman, an instructor at the University of Washington posted these presentations online for his Arabic 401 – Summer Intensive Beginner Program, 2003. All the presentations work when viewed online. You can download all but one (I think that’s right) of the Al-Kitaab presentations (if you have PowerPoint). The Alif Baa series can only be viewed online (I could only download one of them) but most people should breeze right past Alif Baa.

Most of Mr. Freeman’s links don’t work, so I would recommend downloading the Al-Kitaab presentations if you are currently using or plan to use Al-Kitaab; just in case the site goes completely away one day. I’ve saved the downloadable presentations for Al-Kitaab, so please feel free to email me for them if you experience problems downloading them.

The links are as follows:

Alif Baa:
http://home.myuw.net/andyf/arabic_401/powerpoints/alif_baa/

Al-Kitaab:
http://home.myuw.net/andyf/arabic_401/powerpoints/al_kitaab/

Enjoy!

Please Note: To download and save the Al-Kitaab PowerPoint presentations, I opened them for editing with PowerPoint and then saved them to my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment