Saturday, January 28, 2006

We don't need no stinking badges!

Well, I’m feeling much better tonight as I finally decided to call CALES about my visa problem and spoke with the school’s Director, Jameel Al-Bazeli. Jameel said that it was not a problem that the Yemeni consulate in Washington DC won’t issue me a student visa or tourist visa.

So now the plan is to fly on out to Yemen and get a one-month tourist visa issued at the airport, after which CALES can get my visa extended for a year. Again, according to Jameel, this is not a problem.

I did consider contacting one of the other schools to possibly get an actual student visa before I got to Yemen, but I've sort of had my mind set on CALES for a while now and I'm willing to believe that Jameel knows what he's talking about.

And that reminds me of an interesting quote from the movie Surviving Desire, by Robert Altman. It goes something like this:

"That's the problem with us Americans, is that we always want a tragedy with a happy ending." :)~

No comments:

Post a Comment