Saturday, February 21, 2009

Bent Al Wadi - Girl of the Valley (بنت الوادي)

I guess Bent Al Wadi could be translated as "Valley Girl", but that makes me think of girls from San Fernando Valley California, so I think this way is better. Anyway, this is a really awesome song. This vid was the one with the best quality on YouTube.



انا انا بنت الوادي انا هنا هنا شمس وخضرة هنا - I'm a girl from the valley. There is sun and green here.

يدن الديك اصحى اوام اعجن واخبز و اسقي الحمام - The rooster crows and I wake up. I kneed the dough, bake bread, and give the pigeons water.

اومال دنا بنت بلد اوي اومال دنا حلوة وجدعة اوي - That's me, a girl of my country. That's me, very pretty and strong.

انام في وقت العشا و الفجر اقوم اصحى و انام مفرفشة كدا كل يوم - I go to sleep at dinner time and get up at dawn. I get up and sleep like this happily every day.

يدن الديك اصحى اوام اعجن واخبز واسقي الحمام
اومال دنا بنت بلد اوي اومال دنا حلوة وجدعة اوي

عجباني العيشة كدا اهو دا الكلام - I like life like this. That's right.
انا عمري هنا ابتدى اه يا سلام - My life began here. Oh yeah.

يدن الديك اصحى اوام اعجن واخبز واسقي الحمام
اومال دنا بنت بلد اوي اومال دنا حلوة وجدعة اوي


I really have no clue what اومال means, so if someone could fill me in I'd be forever grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment