Saturday, August 22, 2009

Things I should not wear, part 1

Red lipstick.

Normally, I don't wear makeup beyond scrambling to find my ChapStick. I just don't. Back when I was a teenager, makeup was all full of perfume and just horrid to wear if you're even the least bit sensitive, like I was and am. (Aachoo!)

But I've always had a jones for red lipstick, so I bought some today and brought it home, along with some foundation and eyeshadow and so on. I suppose it would have looked ok EXCEPT that I have big old pores and more than a few wrinkles. So when I got done, I looked like an old gussied-up madam (you know, keeper of a House of Ill Repute). Out came the water and the tissues!

What I need is either (a) new skin or (b) some way to minimize the pores (the wrinkles I earned, they stay). Or just go on in my "I really don't give a d*mn" way. Or hie myself off to Sephora and dump bucketloads of cash on overpriced facial paints...

Although I noticed my hair desperately needs coloring...this weekend. (Yes, haircolor, my only true vanity.)

P.S. There are no pictures of this travesty. Thankfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment