Friday, June 19, 2009

Personal Descrption.

I am an Arabic and native English speaker with a passion for the Arabic-speaking world and its culture. A teacher and student of Arabic for many years and living in the Middle East (Syria) for four years as well as existing Arab contact’s has not only given me a good understanding of the different Arabic dialects but also deepened my understanding of Arabic societies, politics and religions. Arabic works on a totally different structure and logic to English which is what makes studying it such a rich and rewarding experience but not one without its challenges. To study the language involves a lot of commitment and determination and above all else, passion!

I enjoy Arabic and I am currently in the process of furthering my qualifications in this area of study. I am a strong believer in the saying 'seek knowledge until old age', so I am not the type to retire from studying so long as I can keep going. I am never bored because I have so much to do and even more to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment