Friday, October 9, 2009

After comprehensive medical care...

We need comprehensive dental care.

Let's just say that the insurance provided by my employer to cover dentistry Ain't Worth Much More Than The Paper It's Printed On. Most employers' dental insurance plans are like that.

So, when I finally decided I needed to get my teeth looked at (yes, it's been a VERY long time), I knew (a) it was going to be expensive and (b) I was going to be pay the lion's share of the cost. But, we have to factor in (c), which is If I had a major dental disaster, I'd never live it down. That's because I'd pointed out a few weeks ago that a sibling had lost a tooth, and said sibling was hacked at me. Very hacked. So, when one of my teeth started feeling a tiny bit *soft*, I thought I might just better go and get them looked at.

I need five crowns and the rest of the fillings need replacing and some other, more minor stuff. This estimate is not quite like buying a car, but it's not cheap either.

Now I need to decide if I should call my doctor and ask for a tranquilizer so I can sit in the dental chair without going berserk. Needles aren't so much the problem anymore, it's the claustrophobia of someone working in my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment