Sunday, October 25, 2009

Art experiments



This is something I did yesterday. I think it's about 8 inches by 8 inches. It's white BFK Rives paper that has been hand torn and then very lightly gessoed. Then I dropped black acrylic ink and fluid acrylic (some old quinacridone gold) and then I folded it. Oh yeah, and it was rinsed off at one point and more ink and acrylic applied. The combination of water, ink, acrylic and folding got me this.


Here's the back side. You might see some penciled numbers on there. That's because I need to number the folds to make sure that I don't get a lopsided arrangement.



BFK Rives paper is a nice printmaking paper useful for lots and lots of different things. Last year, I bought a carton of 100 sheets from Lenz Arts for about $230. I've got a TON of little pieces of what I call Go Out And Play abstract black ink drawings done on this paper. It's just easy to take a little piece of this, put on some music and just empty my head for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment