Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Clown Barf

I work at home three days a week and two days I drive 25 miles (or so) into the office. When I first started working in this group, people had to dress up (as in suits and ties) but that ended about three weeks after I started. This was back in 2006. Now, people are pretty laid back. Not as laid back as when I worked at the help desk (which was what my then-boss called, "Casual, casual, CASUAL"), but still pretty laid back.

On days I go into work, I usually wear slacks, usually black or khaki colored. Black is the fat woman's friend. If the dress is cut well, it can be really slimming. Well, I'd gotten a dress earlier this year (and, frankly, not cut as well as I'd like) and thought that I'd really like to wear some funky dyed tights with it. So I got a pair of hand-dyed footless tights from We Love Colors. These tights, in fact, #7202 (scroll down), although I'd NEVER be caught dead wearing a dress like that.

Apparently word quickly flew around the office that I'd shown up wearing dyed tights, as related to me by a senior manager. I wasn't surprised, my office is a hotbed of gossip. Me, I had to hop on the phone the instant I got there and work on a communication to the entire enterprise.

Anyway, here are the tights, which I got because I liked the color combination. It wasn't until later that I realized they looked like clown barf. Oh well.


No comments:

Post a Comment