Wednesday, October 21, 2009

This 'n' that

Here's an update on my foot: It's fine. You can see how fine it is in the post below. It didn't turn purple. I was so disappointed.

I also went to the dentist yesterday and had my teeth prepped for two crowns. Right now I have two temporary acrylic crowns in my mouth. I was rather surprised, as previous experiences with the dentist have been less than thrilling. However, the dentist and his assistant have a fabulous chairside manner and everything went well. The hygienist, however...it's not her fault, but I nearly jumped out of my skin more than once as she worked on my mouth. I asked her if anyone had ever bit her when she was working on her mouth. Yes, she said, a seven year old girl did. She was helping another dental assistant to get x-rays of the kid's mouth, and holding the x-ray in the kid's mouth (of course you can't trust a kid to hold it for you) and the girl chomped right down. It opened a gash down to her second knuckle and took two months to heal. Yikes.

I go back in two weeks to get the permanent crowns put in. Then I have to make a decision about how much more work I want to do this year, since my dental insurance is, like most American dental insurance, uh, less than adequate. I'm thinking one more crown and then I'll do the rest of the work next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment